Here's a quick update on the Ziricote bass: After routing the truss rod channel, tapering the neck and shaping the headstock, the Ebony fretboard was glued on. Once the glue had dried, the overhang was trimmed using the hand plane I made a little while ago. The plane is actually made from the same piece of Ebony that the fretboard came from.
I finish the job with a scraper followed by my super high-tech sanding block (2 pieces of scrap wood and some sandpaper), which makes sure the edges of the neck are sanded square (important for a snug fitting neck pocket).
The recessed tuner holes have also been drilled. As a bit of an experiment, I drilled an oversize recess, fitted some Alder 'plugs' and then drilled a smaller recess.. leaving a contrasting ring around the hole.
That's all for now... more updates coming soon.